Scott Burton writes:
 > I have searched around about sendmail tag problems on the list and have
 > found similar answers to my question. However none of them work.
 >
 > I pay close attention to not having any whitespace before the To: and From:
 > headers.
 >
 > I receive this error from multiple SMTP hosts: 503 must have sender and
 > recipient first
Is it possible that you installed ZDebug.

As several people on the list pointed out, ZDebug is incompatible
with "sendmail" (at least some ZDebug versions).

Dieter

PS: I do not like Mime mails in this list, because the stupid
    mailman installation discards Mime headers in the digest.
    As a consequence, my mail reader is unable to decode
    such messages :-(