Can I get the user's client proxy setting using 'REQUEST' or some other
syntax, product, or utility.  This is not Proxy Roles or ProxyPass, but
the client's proxy settings if any.  I am working on a help page to
debug a user's settings if he or she can't get to certain pages with our
proxy server settings on their browser.

I've found this to work for testing cookies acceptance:(set a cookie and
then try to get it)

<dtml-if expr="RESPONSE.setCookie('uname','test', expires= (ZopeTime() +
(1.0/102.0)))"></dtml-if>

<dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('uname')">
   YES, You Do Have Cookies Enabled
<dtml-else>
   NO, Your browser is not accepting cookies
</dtml-if>

Thanx,
Thomas

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587               FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine