Correcting my earlier post, I'd "simply" like to have a way to get the _
(namespace) variable in a product method.
Currently, I use the following syntax :

<dtml-var "product.method (_, 'Hello, world !')">

to pass _ to my product.

It works, but..... Reminds me of the great times when my hammer was the

Has anyone a way to acquire _ in a product without constrainging the
user to pass it explicitly ??????

If the only tool you have is a hammer,
    you tend to see every problem as a nail.
Si le seul outil dont vous disposez est un marteau,
    vous avez tendance à voir chaque problème comme un clou.
                                       --Abraham Maslow