I also don't get the LDAP Methods to work, even tried on 2.1.6.
The test tab works as usual, but when I use them in DTML I don't have success

Can anybody who got them working please try to explain the syntax step by step?
The provided examples don't work for me.

That's what I do:

1. I have a working LDAP Connection

2. If I create an LDAP method ("ldapmethod") with the argument "sn" and the
    filter "sn=<dtml-var sn>" I get the correct result with the test tab.

3. I try to use the method in DTML:

<dtml-in expr="ldapmethod(sn='Werner')">
 <dtml-var name="sn">, <dtml-var name="cn"><br />

This raises an

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: sn

The strange thing is that the method itselfs seems to work but passes no data:
If I just use

<dtml-in expr="ldapmethod(sn='Werner')">
 .<br />

then the number of "." equals the number of entries the method should pass.
Also, <dtml-var "ldapmethod(sn='Werner')"> results in things like "[, ]", again
the number of empty elements is correct, they just shouldn't be empty ...

Iuveno - Smart Communication

Joachim Werner

Marie-Curie-Straße 6
85055 Ingolstadt