The core of HTTP authentication is the following (you have to put the authentication
into the HTTP header):

                import httplib
                h.putheader("AUTHORIZATION", "Basic %s" % string.replace(
                        encodestring("%s:%s" % (self.username, self.password)),

there is a xmlrpc howto where you find a detailed description:

good luck