I still need help about my product needing to know its namespace...

Look at the following piece of DTML Meth/Doc :

<dtml-let STRING="'Hello, world !'">

        <dtml-var MyProduct>

MyProduct is my product's instance, defining the following method :

def __call__ (self, REQUEST=None):
        if REQUEST is None:
            if kw: REQUEST=kw
                if hasattr(self, 'REQUEST'): REQUEST=self.REQUEST
                else: REQUEST={}

        print STRING

This raises a key error.

I MUST get the STRING variable from the '_' namespace, but how can I
pass IMPLICITLY this namespace to my product ???
Is there a way to acquire _ ???

Many thanks,

If the only tool you have is a hammer,
    you tend to see every problem as a nail.
Si le seul outil dont vous disposez est un marteau,
    vous avez tendance à voir chaque problème comme un clou.
                                       --Abraham Maslow