"Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) Gerente de desarrollo Alpha Omega
Creative Solutions http://www.alomega.com/" wrote:

> BUT, the comparison between the two, won't work.  Even
> comparing two _.getitems doesn't work.  So it's
> expected that at no point does the selected property
> appear in my html source.
> Please help.  I'm shooting myself in the foot here.

<SELECT name="honorific">
<dtml-in valid_honors>
  <dtml-if "honorific==_['sequence-item']">
    <OPTION "<dtml-var sequence-item>" SELECTED><dtml-var
    <OPTION "<dtml-var sequence-item>"><dtml-var
This works for me where valid_honors is a list of honorifics

-- Tim Cook --
Cook Information Systems | Office: (901) 884-4126 8am-5pm CDT
* It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas.  *
FreePM Project Coordinator http://www.freepm.org
OSHCA Founding Supporter http://www.oshca.org