> I created a connection to an Oracle database. Frequently,
> the connection breaks and I got a database error in the page that
> displays the query result. When I logon as a manager I find that the
> connection is closed (by itself, nothing changed in Oracle or Zope),
> when I try to open it I get an error "Invalid connection string". Even
> if I create another connection it can't work.. After a while it
> works. Even after restarting the Zope server the problem persists.
I'm not sure why the same connection string would work only some of the
time. Maybe some other error from sqlnet is misreported. In any case, look
for sqlnet.log at the directory where zope was started. You can get more
info on the errors you're experiencing. Furthermore try running zope with
nohup and monitor the nohup.out file that gets generated. You can see how
frequently your zope goes down (if running as deamon under linux).
Frequent problems with Oracle setup stem from read permissions on files
used by sqlnet (e.g. message files). Make sure such files are readable by
whatever user your zope is running as.
Ayhan Ergul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Zope maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -