Jonathan Cheyne wrote:
> Ok, well I got some success by eliminating apache and using the site accesss
> example methods and an access rule.
> but.
> is this a lower performance solution than fronting zope with apache?

The short answer is: "Only in some special cases".

An example of such a 'special case' is if you want certain
static files to be served directly by apache, and not by
Zope. Or maybe you just like Apaches log-files better ;-)

If the stuff that Apache was going to be fronting for was
coming out of Zope anyway, then there is no difference.

You may want to keep Apache around for certain things, just
use IP hosting for your root folder (no Virtual hosting) and
have the Access Rules and SiteRoots take care of both and in sub-folders. that's what i'm doing
on the Zope I'm hosting at

Michael Bernstein.