I'm researching for a project that will probably use Zope. For this
   project we
   will require a simple GIS component for display and information
   retrieval. I've
   noted three possible products so far and I'm wondering if anyone has any

   experience with these products or with others. My interest is what
   worked well,
   what didn't and how difficult were they to use with Zope.

   The products I've identified as potentially useful are: MapIt, MapServer
   OpenEV. So far the MapServer seems to be the most likely candidate for
   our use.

   Thanks in advance.

Here is one one other that I know of that may be of interest. BBN
Technologies; contribution to the OpenGIS effort, a product called
openmap, www.openmap.org. This is a JavaBeans tooolkit. I have
downloaded it but have not done anything serious with it.

Albert Boulanger