Hi folks,

I'm evaluating Zope.  We have existing CGI programs (such as mailman)
that we'd like to run, but we don't want to hassle with running two web

So, my question is, how do you run CGI programs from ZServer itself?

I know that I can run Apache (or a number of other web servers) to serve
CGI programs.  I don't want to do that.  I want to run just one web
server -- ZServer.

I haven't seen any documentation on how to add CGI capability to Zope.

Before I spend my time writing a product or external method that allows
me to call CGI programs from inside Zope, has anyone else already done

Thanks for the bandwidth,

P.S.  If anyone has implementation ideas, I'd like to hear them.  I
assume I can just write a Python function to pass along standard in and
the environment variables to the CGI program, execute it in a shell and
collect standard out back.  BTW, this will be running exclusively under

P.P.S.  What is the deal with mailman?  Why isn't mailman integrated
with Zope yet?