Hi!

I also don't know which question Douglas ment (see bottom of page) , but both
should be worth a short (or not so short) answer from a DC guru.

We for our current project use ObjectDomain (www.objectdomain.com)  as case tool,
but do not generate code for python or ZClasses with the tool by now, we use it just
for drawing the models.

The problem with ObjectDomain is that it is a nice tool, but:

- its sort of unstable, sometimes it crashes and eats up parts of the model :(
- I don't know if the guys still work on the project. Since end of april you can still
download the Beta od Release 3,
   but nothing new on their site since then
- lots of other bugs (e.g. export to Rational Rose is buggy)

Since ObjectDomain is customizable through JPython it should be possible to make it
able to
generate/reverse engineer ZClasses (has anybody done that already?)

Do you still use ObjectDomain at DC? At the Paris Zope meeting Paul Everitt told me
that DC had many
troubles with it too.

phil

On 04.11.2000 at 13:03 Michel Pelletier wrote:

[snip]