From: Chris Trowbridge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

>I know that many people have probobly already asked this, but how would I
do the >equivilant of a server side include?
>It seems obvious enough from examples that it is merely...

>     <dtml-var filename>

>but I always end up with either blank content or '[]'

If you want to include it from a file on the computer and not an object in
Zope then you should probably use the FileSystem product to make it visible
to your file.

If the file you want to include is in Zope allready the you should make
shure that the incl_file is in your out_files' aquisition path. ie. directly
beside you document or in a stright line between your document and the root.
Or you should adress it directly.

/
    folder1
        incl_file
        output_dtml
    folder2
    folder3

Here output_dtml can se and "include" incl_file

/
    folder1
        incl_file
    folder2
        output_dtml
    folder3

Here it cannot. Except if you adress it like:

<dtml-var "folder1.incl_file"> (Think of it as ../folder1/incl_file)

Regards Max