In the poll currently underway on renaming options for Python Methods,
the most popular choice so far is to leave the name as it is. It could
just be because people don't see enough benefit in changing what's
already there, but I think it may be that people actively feel that the
term 'method' captures some technical essence. However, we still have
the problem of disambiguating between a method in Zope's eyes and a
method in the implementation language. How about calling anything that
Zope regards as a method a Zope Method? That would then give us Python
Zope Method, Perl Zope Method, DTML Zope Method, SQL Zope Method, etc.
Is it too late to add the option for Python Zope Method to the poll?

Hamish Lawson