> * Colin Leath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [001109 14:00]:
> > I'm trying to figure out ways of managing/developing with Zope from a
> > unix console, using text editors, text browsers and so on.
> I often work from emacs, accessing the ZODB through the Zope FTP Server
> on port 8021.  The syntax for ange-ftp is
>   /user@localhost 8021:/your/zope/object
> (you can get the space with C-q <space>)

There is also ZopeShell:

and e.g. Cadaver if you want to use filetransfer via webdav (but lost
the url unfortunately, but from webdav.org you should be able to find it).

My problem though with all these things is that the file you edit is not
automatically uploaded when you save it. Usually you always have to quit
the editor and do an ftp upload yourself as the ftp (or ZopeShell) always
work on a local copy of the file and do not notice if you save it (well, how
should they do it anyway ;-))
So some sort of ftp filesystem would be nice to have :)