> I know this sounds silly, but try making the url end with .csv
> I wrote a perl cgi script some time ago that spit out a csv file.  When it
> ended with .csv, IE seemed to ignore the server's Content-type: text/html
> header.

> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=WCG&d=v1
> Look, my stock is falling!  Actually, if you look at the link below and to
> the right of the table, you'll see a download spreadsheet link.  Yahoo
> uses
> a &e=.csv to set the extension.  Presumably, the e value is for extension.

That isn't silly, it corresponds exactly with the description you can find at

There term silly seems much more suitable for that, btw.

Btw., it shows that changing the extension to .csv won't help until
one has registered an application for .csv-files in windows.
And in fact, the "spreadsheet"-link showed up in my IE, no download window
came up...