Hi!

> I have problems reading tar files when I download them from the zope web site.
> I am working on a NT2000 box.
> Winzip does recognize the tarfiles as compressed archives but balks when trying to
>open them.

My WinZip (V 7.0 SR1) *does* handle tar.gz files properly.
Use "Open Archive", File Type "All archives", select your archive file,
"Open".

WinZip should ask you whether you want to decompress that single file
contained in the archive and open it. Enough temporary disk space
assumed, this should work well. You can extract any files you wish
afterwards from within the GUI.

--
Best regards,

Ansgar W. Konermann