I'd like to know if anybody is working on a database adapter for the SAP DB.

Some background info:

The SAP DB is a version of Adabas D that was bought by SAP for use with their
enterprise software R/3 a couple of years ago. It's an enterprise-level, fast
relational database with transaction support, stored procedures, subselects, and
the like. And: It's under the GPL now! The binaries are up already on
http://www.sabdb.org - source is going to be published soon.

SAP provides three Python modules to
- access the database using SQL
- manage the database
- manage the replication manager of the DB

That means building a DA should be straightforward (I just don't know if the
modules are threadsafe already ...).

Any feedback welcome ...

Iuveno - Smart Communication

Joachim Werner