Do a search on the zope site for ssl.

You'll find two very useful howto's - one describes the apache httpd.conf virtual host
pixie dust using proxy and proxyrewrite
directives (you need to build apache with mod_rewrite and mod_proxy as well as
mod_ssl) and the other has some details on
integrating the siteroot product to do the url munging in zope - be warned that the
siteroot product can lead to some interesting
consequences if it isn't installed just right - it works a treat now but I would have
been in serious trouble if I'd tried
installing it on a production site - get it right with a development site before
bringing it over to your production machine
particularly if your dropping it into your zope root folder.

I just finished setting this up and found these two resources solved many problems
before I encountered them (!) although there was
the inevitable headbanging needed to get everything just right....I ended up NOT using
fastcgi although that was my original
intention. Right now, mod_proxy allows me to serve a zope running on another machine
(!) through ssl.