> any insight as to how one might code something like that?

Document traversal is a simple recursive Python function - with one call to
objectValues on a folder you can extract all documents (and iterate over them,
check their creation date, remove them if necessary); with a second call to
objectValues you get all subfolders and recurse into them.

objectValues matches on meta type, which is 'Folder' for a folder, and 'DTML
Method' for a DTML method. So you'd get something like:

def expire(folder):
        for i in self.objectItems('DTML Method'):
                id = i[0]; value = i[1]
                if value.bobobase_modification_time() < """now minus two weeks""":
                        # remove i. Maybe tricky because you're iterating
                        # and removing from a collection. check.
        for i in folder.objectValues('Folder'):

Add this as a Python method (or similar) to the top-level folder where you
want to expire, and kicking it off is as simple as a HTTP GET from a cron job
(I think there's a job scheduler for Zope as well, should make it even easier).

Disclaimer: untested, untested, and I never tried this out.

Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>