On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:20:41 -0800, "Andy McKay"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Is there an updated version or product similar to jcNTUserFolder (allowing
>NT authenitcation in Zope) that works in Zope 2.2.x? Or am I going to have
>to upgrade jcNTUserFolder?

Both jcNTUserFolder and NTUserFolder (Which I maintain, and from which
jcNTUserFolder forked) do not fully integrate with 2.2's security
machinery. Tackling this deficiency is on my to-do list too, but I
wont be upset if someone else does the work first.

API changes in 2.2 (and future developments, like PTK) make custom
user folders less attractive than they used to be. If you intend
committing some time to this then I recommend something based on
http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/LoginManager

The simplest change would be to transplant the authentication code out
of (jc)NTUserFolder and into LoginManager methods. However that would
still only run on NT.

A solution that runs on linux and solaris only is oulined at
http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/LoginManager_and_SMB. My ideal
solution (that I still hope to find time for) would be to do whatever
is needed to get this option running on NT and 95 too.

I hope this is of some help.

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]