Ah, I tried reinstalling zddiscussions, no joy, i tried deleting
zdiscussions but when you restart zeop it reinstalls the two products as

i tried a new install of 2.2.4 then copy across my data.fs bits and untar
various products in use on the site, but, exactly the same message. so it
may not be th eupgrade but something in 2.2.4 itself that my data.fs

just to clarify three key messages that apprae immediately after starting

couldnt' import product.ZDbase
[some blurge here]
unpack sequence of wrong size
cannot import name ZDiscussions

i tried chown -R zope * and even tried running it as root. nope.

I will try reinstalling 2.2.0 and see what happens.

gonna be a long long night