> Why should you switch from the built-in authentication mechanism to a
> product like GUF or Login-manager??

When you want to do something that the built in user folder can't, like
authenticate against usernames and passwords stored in an SQL table, or
and LDAP server, or if you want cookie-based authentication...

> What I'm looking for is a product that redirects the authenticated-user to
> the part of the website where he has got his "home-folder"

why not just use and index_html DTML Method as follows:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('/Members/'+AUTHENTICATED_USER)">

...for example?

> and also nice
> wolud be a search-function which gives an administrator a list of all the
> users with all the roles in the system.

That's not going to be pretty, as that's an _awful_ lot of data ;-)