Michel Pelletier wrote:

> bash$: export PROFILE_PUBLISHER=/home/luke/sw/zopeProfile.txt
> bash$: python z2.py -D

Tried that. Nothing written to the text file.
But I did get this after doing a control-c ...

---
File "z2.py", line 537, in ?
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "z2.py", line 719, in ?
       asyncore.loop()
zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, Zpid))
  File "/home/luke/sw/zope224/lib/python/zdaemon.py", line 208, in run
   p,s = os.waitpid(pid, 0)
  File "/home/luke/sw/zope224/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py", line 138, in loop
KeyboardInterrupt
   luke$ poll_fun (timeout, map)
  File "/home/luke/sw/zope224/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py", line 66, in poll
   r,w,e = select.select (r,w,e, timeout)
---
With the python 1.5.2 source I did a make test, and it failed on test_fcntl.
With the python 2.0 source I did a make test, and Python core dumped on
test_poll.

I'm guessing, but it looks like Zope on my box has a poll issue.

> It's possible you have library missmatch.

Python library or C library?

I made pretty certain that I'd removed all traces of Python from the box
before reinstalling.
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/include