Inspired by Jim Washington's recent post re 'Anonymous user', I was
reminded of a previous post in which someone suggested
http://garbage:xxxxx@yourSite would also clear the browser's credential.
Much faster and works in IE and Konqueror, but not Navigator or lynx. Very
easy to test, too.

and login
and check other/AUTHENTICATED_USER