Apropos http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ThreadSafety

Am I missing something here?
There seem to be a number of places in the current 2.2.4 source where
the python regex module is used - not ts_regex, thus apparently
violating your advice on thread safety?

For example, I was just spelunking through
/lib/python/AccessControl/User.py, App/Product.py so I started greping a
few subdirectories.

DateTime.py uses ts_regex as does OFS/ObjectManager.py but NOT
OFS/SimpleItem.py ...

Is there some reason why it's ok for some modules to use regex rather
than ts_regex ???

(I'm resending this to [EMAIL PROTECTED] because it bounced from
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - is something broken?)