On Wednesday 27 December 2000 17:30, K H Subrahmanyan wrote:
> Hello,
> Now we have developed some database using gadfly in zope.
> Actually there are some datum which are there in Excel. I would like to
> know is it possible to import all that datum from Excel to zope database,
> instead of giving all the data to zope manually.
> Actually all those data are the Emp. records. Currently they are
> maintaining it in Excel. Now they want to make it web based stuff. We have
> developed a tool for that.
> Since all that data are there in Excel I wanted some stuff to import that.
> Hoping your reply.

Well...  firstly, moving from a spreadsheet to a db is probably a very good
move, in the case of employment records.  As for how to go about it...

I would recommend you export the Excell data in a comma or tab delimited text
file, then write a Python Method (or Script, whichever you have) to munge
each line and store it in the db.

> bye
> yours
> subrahmanyan.