On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Tim Hicks wrote:

> Thanks very much for the help Aleksander, but when I drop your code into my
> method, it doesn't work (it doesn't break either). I simply copied and
> pasted your code, then edited the final redirect at the bottom.  Here is the
> submission part of my edit form (if it makes any difference).
>
> <TD align=left>
>           <INPUT NAME=SUBMIT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Change">
>  </TD>
>  <TD align=left>
>    <INPUT NAME=SUBMIT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Taller">
>    <INPUT NAME=SUBMIT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Shorter">
>    <INPUT NAME=SUBMIT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Wider">
>    <INPUT NAME=SUBMIT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Narrower">
>  </TD>
>
> I had a look on the ZQR, and found the section on manage_edit, but I still
> don't really understand how the dtpref_cols/rows works.  Any insight?

It uses cookies (named 'dtpref_rows' and 'dtpref_cols') storing size of
your textarea. Have you turned off cookies by accident ?
If it receives (from edit form) a variable named 'SUBMIT' with value equal
to one of the above ('Taller', etc.), then it sends new cookie values to
the browser.

Source file: lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py,
methods 'manage_edit' and '_er'.

[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

| `long long long' is too long for GCC |