hi there,

two times trouble

first:
right now my setup uses a connection string "db root" which doesn't seam
to give a lot of savety :-).
at my provider i have a login, but sure no root access to the db.
* how does the connection string look for user name "peter-hauser" and
password "test3-.2"?
* has the user to be set up in "linux" ?
* how is the setup made in "mysql"?
i tried with "grant all privileges on *.* to "peter-hauser"@localhost;"
and "set password for "peter-hauser"=password('test3-.2');"
but wasn't successful.
* has zope to be run by user "peter-hauser"?

second?
to set up a 3-tier application i should know how to connect mysql
through MySQL-python 0.3.0 and ZMySQLDA 2.0.1 to my db-server.

* i can browse from the zope server to the db-server "pit" and otherway
round with the names "pit" and "pitechon", so "hosts" file should be
correct.

* how has the connection string to look like?
i tried "db@pit 'peter-hauser'" but it didn't work?
* has mysql to be started with an special flag to open a port?
* does it work with the ip-number?

thanks for help
olaf

--
soli-con Engineering Zanger
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Olaf Marc Zanger
Lorrainestrasse 23
3013 Bern / Switzerland
Fon: +41-31-332 9782
Mob: +41-76-572 9782
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.soli-con.com
begin:vcard
n:Zanger;Olaf Marc
tel;cell:+41-76-572 9782
tel;work:+41-31-332 9782
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.soli-con.com
org:soli-con Engineering Zanger
adr:;;Lorrainestrasse 23;Bern;BE;3013;Switzerland
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl.-Ing.
note;quoted-printable:IT-Consulting=0D=0AEmbedded Systems=0D=0AEnergy Systems=0D=0AOpen Source Solutions=0D=0A
x-mozilla-cpt:;-32176
fn:Olaf Zanger
end:vcard