Exactly how is it not working?

Without knowing that, I'll guess that you might be seeing the effects of the
default orphan setting of 3, which prevents there from being a "left over"
batch of less than 3.  So if you only have 4 objects, setting size=2 will
still cause all 4 to be returned.  To force it to return your size, set
orphan=0.

<dtml-in "objectValues('Spam and Eggs')" size=2 orphan=0>

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]