Attached is a (very simple) patch to GenericUserFolder-1.2.4 that allowed me
to use it with zope-2.2.5. I just derives GenericUserFolder from
BasicUserFolder as as well as Folder (I also comment out a couple debugging
messages that were failling). Since I am a newbie I wondered it anyone had
comments on the security implications of this patch, or using GUF in general
(are there other changes required for recent zopes to ensure proper
security)?

FYI - I had tried switching to LoginManager (0.8.8b1), but after struggling
to configure it to replace my GUF usage I still managed to screw it up
somehow and lock myself out of zope entirely - not even superuser could log
in. GUF seems much better at always allowing superuser to authenticate.

Martin

---
Martin Andrews
[EMAIL PROTECTED]