> beginning with Zope 2.2.5b1 I noticed some latency between requests and
> 2.2.5 and the 2.3.0b1 releases as well. It occurs only on win32
> installations. The 2.2.4 release runs fine on the same machines.

Hmm - a couple of questions:

  - are you accessing your server from the same machine using
    the name 'localhost'? If so, do you have a hosts file with
    that name in it? This has been a problem for windows users
    before (very long latency if you are offline and have no
    'hosts' file).

  - is this something that you see on all documents or just
    certain ones? I'm running 2.3.0b1 on NT 4 (sp 4) and I'm
    not seeing any noticable lags. If you only see this on
    certain documents can you send me a copy of the doc so
    I can try to reproduce this?

Brian Lloyd        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Engineer  540.371.6909