I wrote:
>How does one do a case-insensitive search using sql
>methods when the underlying database is case-sensitive? Although I can
>force the search on the database to look for a lower case string, I
>cant make the person giving the value give me the value in lower case,
>and I know I shouldnt use dtml-var due to security reasons.
>I guess I really want the dtml-var attributes implemented
>in sql-var since
>lower(fieldname) like <sql-var "'%' + fieldname + '%'"
>  type=string lower>
>does a case sensitive search whereas:
>lower(fieldname) like '%<dtml-var fieldname lower>%'
>works fine since it forces the user input to lower case
I realise one can force the case of the input by an extra call in the
report before the dtml-in clause
eg <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('car', _.string.lower(REQUEST['car']))">
but it would still be nice to be able to include lower as an attribute
to sqlvar.
By the way I am trying to document SQL solutions (relating to Oracle)
as I hit them in:
http://www.cse.bris.ac.uk/~ccmjs/zope_sql.htm
Maggie Shapland, Computing Service, University of Bristol, Tyndall Av,
Bristol BS8 1UD
Tel: 0117-9289869 (Int 9869)
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web page: http://www.cse.bris.ac.uk/~ccmjs/
1925 Lanchester 21, 1925 Talbot 10/23, 1929 Peugeot 190S, 1986 Moss
Monaco