Gerald said:

> I need to have source code readable on the filesystem
> independent of a Zope server, so that I can do things like CVS
> them, use any editor on them, grep them, etc. It seems that my
> only choice is to write products in Python itself, instead of
> using the web interface of Zope, which is one of the cool
> features of Zope.

The ZCVSMixin product makes it fairly simple to export any subset of a site,
import it locally, make changes, and reverse the process, with versioning of
all non-file system objects (which you can already handle via CVS) and
usable diffs for many object types.

 http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/ZCVSMixin

Later,
Jerry S>