Using Zope 2.3.0b2, I've found that if I create a ZClass with "Include
standard Zope persistent object base classes" enabled, I can instantiate
the ZClass right away. If I don't have it enabled, I can still create the
ZClass, but instantiating it gives me the following error:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: _setId

I understand the difference between checking and not checking the option,
but unfortunately, I'm just starting with Zope in general so this error is
not obvious to me. Is this correct behaviour?

Also, I'm interested in whether Zope can be used to write web games, e.g.
along the lines of's use of PHP. Are there any examples of
Zope games on the web?