> No reason except that I have an install script for python, zope, and modules
> (including configuration) for both that I "know" form a stable environment on
> our production servers, whether linux, or freeBSD.  I should try the ports
> distribution and run my unit tests to perhaps build a more likely to be
> stable freeBSD installer for our work.

        That would be a good idea. Try that and let me know if your tests
work. People go to alot of trouble to make a port. It makes little sense
to re-invent the wheel especially with ports. If your tests fail let me
know where and how and I will see about getting the maintainer of the
offending port to ensure it works with your tests and application.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
GNU = Gnu's Non-portable & Unstable
irc.openprojects.net #FreeBSD -Join the revolution!
ICQ: 20016186