[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

| Is there a Zope API method that will allow me to get an object from
| it's id, or can I write a simple Python method to do it, or am I
| missing something even more obvious?

Well, sometimes objectItems or objectValues can be the right ones to
use.  Other times, (in Python Products at least) you use _getOb() to
fetch the object for you.

Let's say you have this object structure:

        /Folder1
                /Folder2

If you (in Python code) have Folder1 in the namespace, as self for
example, you can say object=self._getOb('Folder2'), and vòila. :)
Don't know how you would do that in DTML, though.