-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Hathaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Cache manager in zope 2.3.0b1

>Are you saying that entering multiple REQUEST variables doesn't work?
>Are you putting the variables on separate lines?

i can have  multiple REQUEST filled in the object cache option, but not in
the cache manager instance.  this was on 2.3.0b1.  haven't yet it with the
latest beta.  if i have multiple REQUEST on separate lines, and save it,
it'll be saved on one line (this is the cache manager instance).

>Every time you change the object or push the "invalidate" button, it
>should expire.  Are you having success with that?

invalidating manually works.  but what can i do to expire a cached object?
for instance, i now have a DTML Method A that is made of DTML Method B and
C.  i cached DTML Method A.  somehpw, Method B changes, but DTML Method A
still shows the cached object.  by haveing it expire automatically, say
every 3600 sec, or any configurable time limit, i'll be assured that DTML
Method A will change, at least after the time limit set.

also, if i have a situation as above, which is more preffered?  caching
object A or objects that make up A?

>Actually, we've been begging for user input. :-)  I'd like to help you.

i'll give b3 a try when i start work.
thanks