I haven't been following this discussion, but it sounds like there's
the potential for SQL operations performed by LoginManager to
interfere with other SQL operations such as logging uploaded files, in
the case where the database system does not support nested (sub-)
transactions.  Correct?  If so, would it help to create a separate
database access object, and therefore separate connection (I think),
just for the use of LoginManager?  Or could this cause some deadlock
between the LoginManager and other connections?  I'm quite interested
in potential problems here as I plan to use PostgreSQL with
LoginManager on my sites.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 06:23:57PM +0100, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> As we use Loginmanager with postgres, I have know idea how to not
> invoke Z SQL methods when upload.  Has anybody an idea if and under
> what circumstances the above snipped could do harm?

Fred Yankowski           [EMAIL PROTECTED]      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc             38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA