I am playing around with this great product and (nearly) all works as
expected. This is exactly what I need for my application and you guys
are saving a lot of time for me! Thank you.

The only thing I don't understand is the timeout of
session_data_manager. If I test the example given in the help I expect
'Before change:' to be empty if called the first time (works) and filled
for each subsequent call (works also). If timeout expires I expect
'Before change:' to be empty again, thus generating a new token. But it
isn't. It still uses the old token. What's going on?

I tested with cookies and form vars namespace, but it has always the
same behaviour. What's the quirk?