Jim Fulton wrote:

I've gotten a lot of grief because of the effort I've been putting into
getting them to work with Zope 2.8 and the effect that that has had
on the 2.8 schedule.  Many active Zope developers are (understandbly)
dismissive of ZClasses, but I think we can't ignore the many people
who depend on them.

I think this course of action leads to misinforming new users that ZClasses are a "good thing". If ZClasses really must stay around, then put them in a big box labelled "some people like these, but the community as a whole recommends against them", which seems to be the consensus here.

I think ZPT and python scripts are much more useful tools for newbies who will often enter with a scripting rather than OO frame of mind.

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk