--On Donnerstag, 14. April 2005 15:25 Uhr +0200 Daniel Dekany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I see, but then my question is: How do people use Zope for sites where "Unicode" is needed? They just don't use Zope in such cases? At my new employer here is fat Plone site running for months with the mentioned sorting disorders. I don't know why my predecessor has made it with UTF-8 if it is not supported. And if it is really not supported, then I hope there is some utility by which I can convert the charset of a whole Zope database... is there?

maybe they don't sort UTF8 strings :-)
maybe you can try to write your own comparison method where you convert
UTF8 string to Python unicode strings and compare them....don't know if this will work.

-aj