--On Sonntag, 24. April 2005 17:45 Uhr +0200 Daniel Dekany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sunday, April 24, 2005, 4:22:10 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
First of all, in this thread I don't care whose mistake it is. My
concern is if I can use Zope with UTF-8 (in fact, Plone) in reality or
not. Assume that I'm using a few non-US-ASCII characters, and I want
sometimes show things alphabetically sorted...

You're not getting the point. As long as you handle with Python string and not with unicode strings then there is no way in Zope deal correctly with different kind of encodings...As I said...it is an application side problem. Zope and Python provide you the tools to deal with UTF8 but you need to solve such problems on in your application. That's my last comment on this issue :-)

-aj