On Apr 25, 2005, at 17:46, Tim Middleton wrote:

I've been doing some simple load tests on a zope application, and I've found
when i increase the zserver-threads in zope.conf very much the zope server
goes into some sort of cycle where it eats 100% cpu and refuses to any future
requests until restarted.

To put it in a very simple way, you should not tweak the threads setting unless you really know what you are doing. If your goal is performance the usual way of going about that is to run ZEO and add ZEO clients as needed.

You're bumping into the very simple fact that there are two items interacting badly: Threads and the connections in the Zope database connection pool. A thread, under normal circumstances, can only do work if it has a connection to work with, and wwill only release the connection when the request is finished. There are 7 connections in the pool by default.

Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **