Andreas Jung wrote:

I suspect what happens is that a connection has been idle for to long, ad
the connection dropped by the imap server. Which might cause some memory
to be freed that is then accessed when I call noop().

So it would be (group)wise to ask the vendor (Novell)?

Zope and Groupwise are on different machines, so I don't think I can blame Groupwise. Imap servers are supposed to loose the connection after a set time. eg. 20 minutes.

It is most likely something that happens in the imap library. Perhaps a socket being freed and garbage collected, which I then try to access from the pool.

My connection pooling is just a thin wrapper around the standard imap library. So I guess I should try to find the problem there.

Looking at the code I see nothing that could help from figuring
out some server problems or doing some remote healing.

Ok. I will need to do some deeper debugging. Nothing is more fun than debugging something with a 20 minutes timeout :-s

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark
IT's Mad Science

Zope maillist -
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **