Fernando Lujan wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm creating a pdf using reportlab, after the canvas.close()

I put the following code inside a External Method:

R = self.REQUEST.RESPONSE
R.setHeader('content-type', 'application/rtf')
R.setHeader('content-length', str(len(data)))
R.write(data)

But I receive the following error:

*Error Type: NameError*
*Error Value: global name 'self' is not defined

Is there some import wich I have been missing?

The method that contains your code must have at least the first parameter 'self'::

  def pdfwrite(self):
    R = self.REQUEST.RESPONSE
    R.setHeader('content-type', 'application/rtf')
    R.setHeader('content-length', str(len(data)))
    R.write(data)

It's a way of getting access to context.

--jcc
--
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/