Kirk Strauser wrote:

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not complaining, and if that's what I've got to do then so be it. I'm just a little surprised - that's all.

Sending emails correctly is a very tricky, and the RFC 822 standard is a beast.

You cannot really blame either Python, nor dtml or Zope for that.

Python has a very nice email module, but even that can be difficult to use. Especially when using attachments and non-ascii encodings.

Dtmls mail handling is limited to a specific set of problems. If you want to go outside those, you need to roll your own.

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark
IT's Mad Science

Zope maillist -
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **