MILLER Eva <evam <at>> writes:

So far, I've written the following python script to accomplish what I'm trying
to do:

# Finds ISBNs in a link and creates a new link to search a library catalog

import re,string, urllib,urllib2

def librarylookup ():

        href = open("booktest.txt")
        line =

        isbn = ('(is[bs]n=)([0-9]*)',line)

href=\">Check the
catalog</a>" % (isbn)

        print lookup

My problem is the booktest.txt part. I'm just doing that to test the rest of the
script, which seems to work. What I actually need the script to do is read the
input from an RSS feed on pages like this one:

I want the script to insert a link to a public library catalog that searches for
this item. So, it has to read the RSS feed and leave behind the link. It would
have to be invoked for every ISBN, I guess. I'm using CMFSin to get the feeds.

I know I have to create this as an external method then call it. Kinda unsure
how to do that part, too.

Someone out there surely knows more than I do. Actually, almost everyone out
there knows more than I do. Help the poor librarian!