Dan Pozmanter wrote:
Hello there Zopatistas,
In my inaugural post, I should like to enquire about getting to a url like so:
http://myzopeserver.something.clever/a/path/to/a/file/named/__init__.py
Getting to the object "__init__.py" is difficult (it acts like it doesn't exist.)
Is there a way to muck about with getattr, traversal, or something related so
that, for a particular kind of object (eg with a particular attribute), Zope ignores
the "cannot start with a '_' " rule?
I notice that the cvs.zope.org seems to transparently solve this problem,
so presumably (if said interface is on a zope instance), this is solvable.

Probably, but it would be difficult. I don't even know enough about screwing with traversal to advise. By "file" what exactly do you mean?

I wonder if LocalFS deals with this problem? If it allows _filenames, perhaps you can stead something from there.

                --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/