On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 07:33:30PM +0530, pythonic wrote:
> Questions:
> 1. Startup custmization: How can one configure zope to load instance
> of this as product
> (my application) on the startup but not the ZMI and other zope stuff.

You can't really prevent zope from starting up the ZMI.

> 2. We want to generate xml using ZPTs and then apply xsl. Is the server side
> transformation supported?

I don't know, but there's plenty of suggestive hits on google.

> 3. Is there any good doc available that describes how to do things you do in
> ZMI programmatically?

This should be useful:

Also, you can look at the dtml source of the ZMI in lib/python/App/dtml
- this can be helpful even just for a cursory glance to see the names of
methods that forms submit to.

Also check out http://www.zopelabs.com which has many relevant

FWIW, everything I said applies to zope 2 only.  I can't really give
helpful advice about Z3, I haven't spent much time with it yet.

Paul Winkler